Object Management Group
Object Management Group Announces Special Events Program for Q4 Member Meeting in Burlingame, CA from December 4-8
Event Showcases speakers from ACOG, Dun & Bradstreet, Cisco, Dell-EMC, Deloitte, GfSE, Fraunhofer, Kaiser Permanente, ModelAlchemy Consulting, NEC, NIST, PTC, RTI, SAP, Twin Oaks, VHA, Vertex, Wipro Digital
Needham, MA —November 6, 2017 — The Object Management Group® (OMG®), an international, open membership, not-for-profit technology standards consortium, today announced its Special Events program will be held during the OMG Technical Committee (TC) meeting from December 4-8, 2017 at the Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport in Burlingame, California, USA. Registration for the Special Events program is open to the public. Media can register for a complimentary press pass using the code TCCAP17. The program is supported by OMG annual sponsors, No Magic, Orbus Software, RTI and Sparx Systems.
The Special Events program will showcase OMG standards in real-world applications such as autonomous vehicles, education, energy, healthcare, medical systems, retail and smart manufacturing. The schedule for the week is as follows:
- The Business Architecture Practitioner & Reference Model Workshop is scheduled over the course of three days from December 5-7. Each workshop day emphasizes specific aspects of the business architecture practice and industry reference models. Day 1 will spotlight a Healthcare Provider & Payer Reference Model workshop; day 2 will focus on Business Architecture End-to-End Practice workshop and day 3 will examine a Financial Services Reference Model workshop. The registration fee for any 1-day is $199 USD; for any 2 days is $395 USD; or for any 3-days is $575 USD. The Business Architecture Pre-Workshop Primer on December 4 will prepare attendees with the basic skills needed to participate in any of the Workshops. The primer is available to workshop attendees onlyand isfree to the first 50 participants. Registration is required.
- The Business Process Modeling in Health Workshop will feature experts from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology (ACOG) who will demonstrate a pregnancy pilot use case based on OMG business process modeling standards on December 6. The fee is $149 USD. Workshop attendees are also invited to join the OMG Healthcare Committee Meeting on December 5 for an in-depth discussion about OMG healthcare standards work for an additional $99 USD. Registration for both events is required.
- The Data Residency: Status, Challenges and Standards tutorial and roundtable is scheduled from 9:00 am – 12:00 pm on December 5. Attendees will review a paper authored by OMG and the Cloud Standards Customer Council™ that analyzes and documents the challenges posed by data residency as well as discuss a roadmap toward resolving these issues by developing or updating appropriate standards. The event is complimentary but registration is required.
- The DDS™ in the Real-World: Focus on Security tutorial will take place from 9:00 am – 11:00 am on December 6. Speakers, from Real-Time Innovations (RTI) and Twin Oaks Computing, will cover actual deployed application examples in energy, autonomous vehicles, medical systems, and others that illustrate how DDS capabilities and QoS meet real-world application needs. The tutorial is complimentary but registration is required.
- The Enabling Education Best Practices workshop on December 5 will investigate how OMG standards can help facilitate sharing of best practices in education. For example, OMG BPM standards can be applied to administrative tasks, while the Structured Patterns Metamodel Standard™ can provide the container for domain expert content provided by educators and administrators. A continental breakfast and lunch are included. Attendees are welcome to stay for a networking cocktail reception at the end of the event. The workshop is complimentary but registration is required.
- On December 4, Dr. Jon Siegel, OMG Vice President, Technology Transfer, will deliver the OMG Modeling and Middleware Specifications Tutorial which is complimentary but requires registration.
- The Model-Based Engineering, Automation and IoT in Smart Manufacturing Information Day will include manufacturing experts from Cisco, Fraunhofer, GfSE, IBM IoT Watson, ModelAlchemy Consulting, NIST, prostep ivip, SAP, ModelAlchemy Consulting, Wipro Digital, who will focus on the requirements for interoperability standards for the data infrastructure as manufacturing transforms from building complex products to complete systems, on December 6. Registration costs $99 USD.
- The Reinventing Retail: An IoT Technology & Trends Information Day is scheduled on December 4. Experts from the Industrial Internet Consortium® (IIC®) and the OMG Retail Domain Task Force, previously the National Retail Federation (NRF) Association for the Retail Technology Standards (ARTS) division, will discuss how IoT technologies will allow different data management tools with divergent data formats to communicate. A roundtable discussion led by Deloitte and NEC, with contributions from D&B, Dell-EMC, Vertex, and others will follow. The event is complimentary but registration is required.
- Later on December 4, the Talking Shop - Retail Networking Event with Demonstration will bring together chairs from the OMG Retail Domain Task Force and the IIC Retail Operations Task Group for an informal meet and greet that will spotlight a demonstration of the IIC™ Retail Video Analytics Testbed by NEC. Light refreshments will be served. The event is complimentary but requires registration.
All Special Events (including complimentary) require advance registration. The $950 USD registration for the full OMG TC Meeting week is for members only and includes all Special Event daily fees. Separate registration fees apply for the Business Architecture Practitioner & Reference Model Workshops, the Model-Based Engineering, Automation and IoT in Smart Manufacturing event and the Business Process Modeling in Health Workshop for attendees who do not register for the TC meeting week.
OMG Social Media Channels
Follow the Twitter hashtag #OMGTCBurlingame to join the conversation. To learn about becoming an OMG member, click on http://www.omg.org or visit us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or connect with us on LinkedIn.
The Object Management Group® (OMG®) is an international, open membership, not-for-profit technology standards consortium with representation from government, industry and academia. OMG Task Forces develop enterprise integration standards for a wide range of technologies and an even wider range of industries. OMG's modeling standards enable powerful visual design, execution and maintenance of software and other processes. Visit www.omg.org for more information.
Note to editors: For a listing of all OMG trademarks, visit http://www.omg.org/legal/tm_list.htm. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.