Cybersecurity Workshop: Risk Assessment through Automated Attack Analysis
DATE: Thursday, September 28, 2017
TIME: 8:30am – 4:30pm
PLACE: Hyatt Regency New Orleans Hotel, New Orleans, LA, USA
Cyber threats facing an organization’s critical infrastructure, mission-critical systems, or any Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) system, demand a cyber infrastructure that matches their combined enormity and complexity. Risk management solutions must be capable of understanding intricate attack patterns and assessing complex vulnerabilities to give stakeholders confidence in their system’s ability to withstand malicious attacks, operate as intended, and within regulatory compliance.
The OMG’s Cybersecurity Workshop brings together practitioners developing IT standards targeted at the security engineering lifecycle and the digital transformation of business operations. Learn how to plan for, budget, and reduce costs associated with building/acquiring secure and resilient software.
The Cybersecurity Workshop begins with a primer aimed at executive leadership, managers and engineers. The need for cybersecurity across the globe has increased significantly in the past few years. In response to that need, the National Institute Standards and Technology (NIST) in partnership with other U.S. Government agencies created a new series of directives addressing the need to properly secure Information Technology systems. Success of a company’s IT department depends on upper level business leaders understanding the need to provide proper funding support to manage cyber risk of company intellectual property and privacy data. This presentation will provide the audience with a basic understanding of cybersecurity principles.
TO VIEW PRESENTATION SLIDES, CLICK ON THE TITLE BELOW
- Cybersecurity Primer for Managers - Dr. Ben Calloni, Lockheed Martin Fellow & Co-chair, OMG Systems Assurance Task Force
- Code Quality Standards and Technical Debt Management - Dr. Bill Curtis, SVP and Chief Scientist, CAST & Executive Director, Consortium for IT Software Quality (CISQ)
- Safe, Secure and Reliable Industrial Internet: A Standards Story - Robert Martin, Senior Principal Engineer, MITRE & Steering Committee Member, Industrial Internet Consortium
- Model Based Cybersecurity Assessment - Dr. Nikolai Mansourov, CTO, KDM Analytics
- Cyber Information Sharing and Safeguarding - Mike Abramson, President and CEO, Advanced Systems Management Group & Co-chair, OMG C4I Domain Task Force & Chair, IEF Working Group
- Federated Threat Analytics and Information Sharing - Cory Casanave, President and CEO, Model Driven Solutions & Co-chair, OMG Government Domain Task Force
- Privacy and Data Residency Considerations - Claude Baudoin, owner, cébé IT and Knowledge Management & Steering Committee Member, Cloud Standards Customer Council
- Economics of Cybersecurity: Cost vs. Protection (panel discussion) - Djenana Campara, CEO, KDM Analytics & Co-chair, OMG Systems Assurance Task Force