DATE: Monday, December 4, 2017
TIME: 5:00pm – 7:00pm
PLACE: Hyatt Regency SFO Airport, Burlingame, CA
COST: Complimentary (Registration Required)
talking shop - retail networking event with demonstration
In June of this year, Object Management Group® (OMG®) formed a new Retail Domain Task Force, the official body that now oversees ARTS standards under the OMG umbrella with the full support and vital partnership of the National Retail Federation (NRF).
With a mission to increase the benefits and reduce the costs, risks and timescales of using Information Technology within the retail sector, the Retail DTF will be:
- Developing and promoting standardized retail business models and practices that foster a shared understanding of retail business principles, terminology and data between retailers and their suppliers.
- Establishing technical standards, specifications and best practices that enable communication of business data within retail enterprises, and between retail enterprises and their suppliers.
- Creating standards for the integration of IT applications and devices into retail business systems.
- Communicating the requirements of the retail industry to IT suppliers & users, both inside and outside OMG.
You are cordially invited to join the new OMG Retail Domain Task Force chairs along with the IIC Retail Operations Task Group chairs for an informal meet and greet that will also feature a demonstration of video analytics by NEC. Light refreshments will be served.
Karen Shunk, Director of Technology Programs, OMG
- IIC Video Analytics Testbed: Christopher Arthmann, NEC Innovation Division
- The Retail Video Analytics testbed is designed to assist in the retail business operations transformation by extracting actionable insights in real-time through interconnection of video cameras, video stream analytics, and machine learning algorithms. The retail solution leverages NEC's facial recognition and video analytics technologies to capture shopper demographic information, such as age and gender. Data analytics software then recommends specific offers to shoppers who are recognized to be enrolled in the retailer's loyalty program. The integrated solution with additional analytics is hosted on Microsoft Azure IoT. The testbed consists of NEC and select ecosystem partners providing edge sensors, gateways, user communication devices and edge video analytics engines all generating IoT data. As an IIC Open Horizontal Testbed Platform provider, Microsoft will provide the IoT platform, management and cloud infrastructure (Azure) enabling and connecting a diverse set of input sources and output actions. Brierley+Partners will provide big data, real-time learning, contextual and predictive analytics with both in and out of store customer and shopping behavior information, secured through their industry leading loyalty engine.
You may also be interested in Reinventing Retail - an IoT Technology and Trends Information Day - Monday, December 4, 2017 from 1:30 pm to 5:00 pm.
A Joint Presentation of the Object Management Group and the Industrial Internet Consortium